Education and Training
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER)
- 24-Hour Basic Workplace Health and Safety
- Young Worker Education & Leadership Development
- Workplace Ergonomics
- Training of Trainers (TOT)
- Small Business Seminars (IIPP)
LOSH training and education emphasizes interactive activities, worker and group leadership, collective problem-solving, and the development of joint labor-management health and safety programs.
Research and Policy
LOSH’s research approach is based on principles of worker and community participation, with the goal of developing educational materials and recommending policy changes to improve working conditions. Recent research has focused on the following:
• Immigrant workers, home care workers, and those employed in high-hazard jobs
• Effective labor-management health and safety programs
• The emerging green economy
• Youth leadership development
LOSH strives to reach young workers, recent immigrants, those in traditionally underserved or high-risk occupations, and small businesses. We provide information, technical assistance, and customized training to individuals and groups to improve worker health and safety.
• We host special events to create awareness among the various communities we serve
• The LOSH website offers an array of fact sheets, teaching resources, and other tools
• We coordinate internship opportunities for students from high school through graduate school
• Our Resource Library is open to the public.