The WOSHTEP Janitorial Safety Training Program is designed for small business owners and managers who need to train janitorial employees working alone or in small teams to clean buildings. The
program helps small business owners and managers:
- identify ways to prevent job injuries and illnesses in their workplace
- engage workers in their safety program
- reduce the number of employee days away from work and lost productivity
- meet training requirements under California’s occupational health and safety laws.
Janitorial training materials include a training guide, and focus on health and safety in the janitorial industry. The program helps owners and managers to be prepared to conduct a series of short (5-10 minutes) training sessions for their employees. The following topics are covered:
- Safety Orientation
- Chemical Hazards
- Electrical Hazards
- Ergonomic Hazards
- Injuries on the Job
- Planning for Emergencies
- Robberies and Assaults
- Slips and Falls
By using these materials, employees will learn:
- To identify safety hazards in the workplace
- Solutions to hazards in the workplace
- How to contribute to a safe working environment
Download janitorial training materials in both English and Spanish.
For more information about this program or to schedule a customized training please contact email@example.com.